Not able to travel, yet want to sink your teeth into conservation?
CRC virtual internship is a one-on-one mentorship experience that provides a strong foundation in scientific research, and conservation and management based on the crocodile related research conducted by the CRC countrywide. Similar to long-term, onsite mentor apprenticeships, virtual internships can be designed to the interest of the intern after introductory research presentations are given. Internships can be conducted either in English or Spanish.
Virtual interns are expected to meet with one of the members of the CRC a minimum of 3 times per week during their virtual internship. The virtual intern program can be designed by the intern and a CRC team member, and approved by the CRC Director prior to internship start date. In general, virtual internships will include:
1. Gaining general knowledge about crocodilian biology
2. Learn scientific methods of the various croc-related research conducted by the CRC
3. Participate in virtual outreach presentations
4. Discuss how to analyze data for conservation and management purposes
5. Every intern will be sent a CRC t-shirt (shipping and handling included in fee)
3 Week Fee: $500US
Fees for internships longer than 3 weeks can be discussed between intern and CRC Director.
Interested interns from Central America and the Caribbean should also contact the CRC directly to enquire about regional internship pricing.
Internship periods are secured with a non-refundable 50% deposit, and 100% of the balance is due 60 days before the start of the internship.
• 60 days prior to internship start: full refund of any funds other than the deposit.
• 30 – 60 days prior: 50% refund.
• Less than 30 days: no refund
For more information about our virtual internship, please send an email to